Fit out occurs to a building that has only its external envelope or “shell” already formed. The whole of the inside finishes and services need to be installed so the interior spaces are suitable for occupation by the end user.
The finishes and services that are usually required in a fit out are the installation of ceilings and partitions, the installation of heating, air conditioning and lighting, data installation, flooring and decoration.
Fit out projects are usually “fast track” and require a similar skilled team to refurbishment projects. Depending on the degree of completion of the building and the interior specification required, fit outs can be described:
Shell and Core
A shell and core fit out usually involves the fitting out of the reception, toilets, staircases, communal areas as well as car parking, loading bays, external cladding and base plant for air conditioning, electrics.
Category A Fit out
Category A fit out is the level of fit out completed by the landlord prior to hand over to the incoming tenant. There is no standard definition for a Category A fit out, it may include raised flooring, suspended ceilings, distribution of mechanical and electrical services, blinds and carpets and sometimes the formation of offices.
Category B Fit out
A Category B fit out is the fit out of internal spaces to the incoming tenant’s requirements. This usually involves, installation of offices, fitting out of reception, installation of meeting rooms and breakout areas, installation of lighting, ICT equipment, audio visual equipment, alarms.
How can Prime Solutions help?
- Full fit out service from vision to completion
- Intricate planning in the early stages to keep the project on time and within budget
- Turnaround a project in a short time frame, a ‘fast track’ project
- O & M’s on completion (Operational & Maintenance Manuals)
- Understanding requirements and problem solving
- Total commitment to finishing on time, within budget and to a high standard
We advise on.
- Feasibility, Cost and Time Schedule
- Planning & Building Regulations
- Space Planning & Design
- Industrial & Office Refurbishment
- Leisure & Retail Fit-out
- Move Management
- Office Furniture Procurement
- Dilapidations & Reinstatement